Helping Seacoast babies get off to a brighter start.
In the spirit of a traditional baby shower, United Way’s Community Baby Shower connects low-income pregnant women and new/soon-to-be parents with maternal and early childhood resources as well as food and friendship.
And as with many showers, each expectant and new mother will take home a gift bag containing necessities and educational materials for the beginning of their journey into parenthood.
Hosted by the United Way Women’s Leadership Council, the Community Baby Shower will provide women with referrals and resources on issues such as the stages of pregnancy, fitness and nutrition, childhood development, early literacy, and financial stability.
Read about the 2016 Community Baby Shower–the most successful ever!–here.
In addition to new items for the Baby Basics Baskets, United Way’s Women United is seeking new and gently used baby clothes sized newborn-3T and maternity clothes through April 30th at the following drop off locations (download the flyer here):
United Way of the Greater Seacoast, 112 Corporate Drive, Portsmouth
Looking to get involved in 2017? Contact Cindy Boyd at email@example.com or 603.373.9106.
Search the Site
From the Blog
- Together We Will: United Way’s 26th Annual Day of Caring
- This Somersworth program is changing the playbook on kindergarten readiness
- How to help your teen get the most out of their summer job
- Summer learning activities that improve social intelligence
- Farewell to Cindy Boyd, a great United Way leader