More than a job.
Thank you for your interest in United Way! Every person who works here shares a common bond: the desire to improve the quality of life for as many people as possible in the community!
Somersworth Ready Together, Coordinator (Part-time) – Portsmouth, NH
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator, Somersworth Ready Together, Early Childhood Coalition
DIVISION: Community Impact (CI)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Community Impact
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-time
The mission of “Somersworth Ready Together” is to improve early childhood development, ensure language development, and support family engagement to promote school readiness for all children to succeed.
The Somersworth Early Childhood Coalition (SECC) is guided by the premise that all families want their children to succeed in school and the strength and resiliency of any community is built upon and reflected by the healthy development of each gene
The Coordinator is an essential part of the team charged with assisting in the execution of the SECC’s vision and goals. Working closely with Coalition members to convene, recruit and engage various stakeholders the Coordinator effectively moves the projects and activities of the coalition forward. Acting as a representative of the United Way and the Coalition the Coordinator will present at speaking opportunities within the community. ration of children.
1. Execute on the vision, goals and strategies of “Somersworth Ready Together” to increase the percentage of children in Somersworth who enter Kindergarten ready to learn and succeed.
2. Coordinate and facilitate meetings and convene stakeholders. Continually oversee and monitor stakeholder engagement and accountability. Maintain communication among stakeholders (meeting minutes, email updates etc.) on progress to goals, challenges and successes.
3. Ensure execution and completion of work plan activities. Perform essential project management functions related to the Coalition and the work plan.
4. Provide ongoing community engagement and outreach. Recruit and engage stakeholders and facilitate the work of the Coalition and its committees to efficiently and effectively achieve goals.
5. Prepare and present at speaking opportunities and meetings that are relevant to the work of the Coalition, as a representative of United Way and the coalition.
6. Tell the story of the successes, public costs and benefits of the work of school readiness using available data (categories of school readiness, current research and proven models.
7. Identify potential funding sources for implementing the plan, including grant writing opportunities and reporting.
8. Convene and/or inform the Coalition Members as relevant local/regional issues arise.
9. Participate in additional related activities and projects as necessary.
10. Coordinate evaluation and data collection for the coalition.
• Proven ability and experience in early childhood education and literacy.
• Deep understanding of the evidence related to the importance of the early years in terms of language skills, brain development, and social-emotional learning.
• Superior project management, organizational and execution skills required to keep work and the coalition on track.
• Familiarity with the local community and its resources and challenges.
• Strong writing and listening skills required.
• Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet related programs.
• Proficient in use of social media to engage target audiences and maintain communication
• Strong presentation skills required. Proven ability to persuade listeners to action and present with confidence and skill.
• Ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse group of service providers and other key stakeholders with the goal of engaging people in this work.
• Proven track record in strategic planning and the ability to work within systems. Ability to connect to other similar efforts with the goal of collaboration to enhance success.
• Ability to work independently with guidance from United Way and the Coalition Leadership Team.
• Commitment to excellence and the mission of United Way and the Somersworth Early Childhood Coalition.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SEND LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME VIA EMAIL BY July 26th TO:
Lauren Wool (email@example.com)
Senior Director Community Impact
United Way of the Greater Seacoast
112 Corporate Drive, Unit 3, Portsmouth NH 03801
Search the Site
From the Blog
- Together We Will: United Way’s 26th Annual Day of Caring
- This Somersworth program is changing the playbook on kindergarten readiness
- How to help your teen get the most out of their summer job
- Summer learning activities that improve social intelligence
- Farewell to Cindy Boyd, a great United Way leader