The 2016 Holiday Guide to Giving and Volunteering has landed and, as always, it’s packed with opportunities for you to help people in need through our local organizations. Thank you to our generous sponsors, Federal Savings Bank and Hawthorn Creative!
- Use the Quick Finder on page 3 to quickly find categories of need.
- Form a group of friends or coworkers to “adopt” a family or individual.
- Start a collection drive and list items needed and the recipient agency.
- Take up a collection to purchase much-needed gift certificates or vouchers.
- Remember: Most agencies need assistance prior to the holiday, not the day of.
United Way’s Volunteer HQ provides this information based upon submissions from area organizations. Each organization listed bears sole responsibility for the information and opportunities identified, including, but not limited to, all of the organization’s activities, selection of volunteers, and the terms and conditions of participation. United Way bears no responsibility for the activities, programs, and actions of those organizations.
Search the Site
From the Blog
- “What do I say?” How to talk to kids about homelessness
- Hunger pangs and little brains: the hidden menace of childhood food insecurity
- Skills-based volunteering helps your career and community
- How big thinking and bold ideas chart a course for financial freedom
- Circle time is where the magic happens