It’s that time of the year again!
The 2014 Holiday Guide to Giving and Volunteering has landed and, as always, it’s packed with opportunities for you to help people in need through our local organizations. Sponsored by Federal Savings Bank and Hawthorn Creative.
- Use the Quick Finder on page 3 to quickly find categories of need.
- Form a group of friends or coworkers to “adopt” a family or individual.
- Start a collection drive and list items needed and the recipient agency.
- Take up a collection to purchase much-needed gift certificates or vouchers.
- Remember: Most agencies need assistance prior to the holiday, not the day of.
United Way of the Greater Seacoast Volunteer Action Center provides this information based upon submissions from area organizations. Each organization listed bears sole responsibility for the information and opportunities identified, including, but not limited to, all of the organization’s activities, selection of volunteers, and the terms and conditions of participation. United Way bears no responsibility for the activities, programs, and actions of those organizations.
Search the Site
From the Blog
- Community meeting builds momentum, collaboration to combat homelessness
- Young filmmakers pitch their vision for Third Annual Granite Youth Film Festival
- SMART Coaching pioneers a new way to empower each other, battle poverty
- Village Preschool goes to Africa
- 2014: An awesome year of impact you made happen