Can a small act change a life?
The theme for this year’s workplace campaign season is “A Small Act Can Change a Life.” At United Way of the Greater Seacoast, we see this all the time. A volunteer taking a day to do some landscaping around a homeless shelter. A group of friends dropping off 2-1-1 cards at a town office. A storybook read to a wide-eyed four-year-old.
These efforts, as small as they may be, can have a huge impact.
Community involvement is the lifeblood of the work we do and when many people come together and engage, big things get done. Roll these small acts together and you have a grand movement, a force of human nature that can bring about our vision: securing success and stability for our region’s children, youth and families.
Search the Site
From the Blog
- “What do I say?” How to talk to kids about homelessness
- Hunger pangs and little brains: the hidden menace of childhood food insecurity
- Skills-based volunteering helps your career and community
- How big thinking and bold ideas chart a course for financial freedom
- Circle time is where the magic happens