Can a small act change a life?
The theme for this year’s workplace campaign season is “A Small Act Can Change a Life.” At United Way of the Greater Seacoast, we see this all the time. A volunteer taking a day to do some landscaping around a homeless shelter. A group of friends dropping off 2-1-1 cards at a town office. A storybook read to a wide-eyed four-year-old.
These efforts, as small as they may be, can have a huge impact.
Community involvement is the lifeblood of the work we do and when many people come together and engage, big things get done. Roll these small acts together and you have a grand movement, a force of human nature that can bring about our vision: securing success and stability for our region’s children, youth and families.
Search the Site
From the Blog
- Community meeting builds momentum, collaboration to combat homelessness
- Young filmmakers pitch their vision for Third Annual Granite Youth Film Festival
- SMART Coaching pioneers a new way to empower each other, battle poverty
- Village Preschool goes to Africa
- 2014: An awesome year of impact you made happen